Sunday, April 5, 2009

He’s leaving on a jet plane.



We are short one kid this weekend. My son is sitting at a chess board right now in Nashville, Tennessee competing in the USCF National Chess Competition. He left Thursday and will not be home again until Monday night. I hope he has a great time and I can’t wait to hear all about it when he gets home. I mean I do miss him, but this is such a wonderful opportunity for him that we just had to let him go. My husband and I both feel that this type of trip is good for our son because it broadens his world and gives him the opportunity to do things out from under our shadow and begin to find out just who he really is. Plus, he promised to bring me a present from Tennessee.

2 comments:

RT said...

He'll be right across the parking lot from the Opry and from a huge mall. He'll have lots of opportunity to shop for you! :)

Anonymous said...

love it.