Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy holidays!



Last night was my husbands company Christmas party. He is lucky to wok for a company that even with the economic slow down is still doing well. He works as a purchaser for a large food distribution company. The meal was excellent; I had a fillet that you could cut with your fork. They served it with broccolini which I had just learned about that morning while watching Rachel Ray. I know she is way too perky but she was right on about the broccolini it was really good and that’s coming from someone who very seldom eats a vegetable.

After dinner the CEO of the company spoke briefly before introducing the entertainment. He is a very nice man who spoke about the hard times we are facing. He told us that just because times are hard families are still going to celebrate Christmas and he feels that we are all family, so we are going to celebrate. We did and had a wonderful time. The warm up act was very funny conservative Christian comedian from Denver, Colorado named Dan McGowan. He did a hilarious parody of “No one knows what its like to be the sad man.” called “No one knows what it’s like to be the Batman.”

When he was done with his part they introduced the surprise entertainment. Last year it was Aaron Tipen who put on an excellent show. This year all they would say was that it would not be country western. I was absolutely amazed when they introduced the Pointer Sisters as our performers for the evening. They were awesome. I even got my husband up on the dance floor twice to dance with me, first time ever. We had such a good evening and I was so glad we went.

Afterward on the way home I started thinking, our neighbors told us tat their companies cancelled their Christmas parties because of the economy and besides, they would rather have the money that would have been spent as a bonus. I decided that I would not feel comfortable working for a company that would cancel the party because it means that they are feeling very insecure about the future so I would feel the same way about my future with them. A company that still has the party is a company that appreciates their employees and has confidence in their ability to get through even the tough times and I want to be part of a company like that. So here’s a toast to celebrating company parties! Merry Christmas to all and a happy prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Merry Christmas, Momster!!!