Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!



One year ago today this little blog was born. After enjoying Support you Local Gunfighter and making a comment or two, I was encouraged and helped by Wyatt to start blogging myself. I started off with this little piece;

Hello and welcome to my blog

After being a reader of blogs for several years now, I have finally decided to dip my toes into the blogging waters. So with the help of my favorite gunfighter, Wyatt Earp, here I am. Therefore, to introduce myself, I am a forty-something mother of two. I am the mother of a preteen who is planning to be the next F Lee Bailey. I told him to pretend as if his sister was not there because he was picking on her, so he promptly sat on her. I said "What were you thinking" and he said, "She’s not there".

I am also blessed with a seven-year old who we refer to as the tornado because she leaves a mess wherever she goes and they are very often the damp kind. Besides being a busy mom, I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up and have returned to school in order to earn my teaching certificate. I hope that before the end of 2008 I will be a fully certified teacher and more importantly an employed teacher.

I am a conservative republican, which will make me an oddity as a teacher because most of them seem to be of the liberal persuasion. I will do my best to represent the conservative side. I am a Christian and not afraid to say so. I love chocolate almost more than my husband who I dearly love. I have been told I am somewhat sarcastic and that I have an odd sense of humor.

We moved to Arizona from Colorado in 2003 and we are very happy here. True, the summers can be brutal but I would rather be here then driving in the snow in Colorado. So now you have an idea of who I am and what you can expect from this blog are the posts about how school is going, life in the cafeteria, bits about the family, and interesting things going on in Arizona especially as they relate to education, illegal immigrants and why I think Mike Rowe is very hot.

And the following comments were made: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/Slovakcop/Wyatt.jpg

BloggerWyatt Earp said...

See? That wasn't so hard. Welcome aboard!!!

January 4, 2008 9:34 PM

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2663/3552/1600/381736_hot_pink.jpg

BloggerRT said...

Welcome to our twisted little blogosphere! :) Good luck!

January 5, 2008 12:47 AM

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/403/1192/1600/me01.jpg

BloggerAssrot said...

Hello there young lady. Welcome to blogdom. Good luck and God Bless. You might as well get used to blogger messing up. It goes tits up about once a week for no reason. It usually comes back after a few hours. It's been doing that for years.

:-)
Joe

January 5, 2008 5:28 PM

Bloggerfuzzys dad said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging.
I heard about you from SYLGF
Please visit my blog
http://www.musingsofavastright-winger.blogspot.com/
or my wife's blog
http://mysimplegifts.blogspot.com/

January 5, 2008 11:31 PM

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4441/964/1600/DSCN0158.jpg

BloggerThe Conservative UAW Guy said...

Welcome!

Nice to see another conservative in academia...

January 7, 2008 11:15 AM

It took me a while to find my first posting and it was a fun trip down memory lane. I learned something very valuable at the same time. I have searched for my voice since I began this endeavor and throughout the search there have been several versions of this blog. I have tried a vocabulary word of the day, a punch line of the week, the person of the week, Wednesday’s poetry corner; I never knew that, the person of the week, the recipe of the week and so on. Some of them were more fun and interesting for me then others but the reason behind them all was to get my hit count up and garner comments. I have come to realize that when I was writing to get hits and not writing because I was interested in what I was writing I was not as into it as when I was writing from my heart about things I cared about. Rereading some of these pieces about my family, school, and what caught my eye in the world reminded me of how much I enjoyed writing. My goal is to get that spirit back and to write for the love of writing. Interestingly when I did that I actually had more comments then when I tried so hard to get comments. It should be easier to do that because when I redid by blog layout I lost my hit counter so I have no idea how many people are reading or checking in each day. I think I will keep it that way for awhile and just write because I love writing.

Thank you all for reading what I had to say and to those of you who commented, I really appreciate you. I hope you will keep reading and keep commenting and I promise I will keep writing.

8 comments:

BobG said...

Congratulations.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Let this be an excuse to eat cake and ice cream! That picture of the cake made me hungry.

Easily Lost said...

Happy 1 year blogiversary :D
Did someone mention cake?

Captain America said...

Happy bloggy day!

Ambulance Driver said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Reverse_Vampyr said...

Happy first blogiversary, and congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.