Friday, January 4, 2008

Hello and welcome to my blog

After being a reader of blogs for several years now, I have finally decided to dip my toes in the blogging waters. So with the help of my favorite gunfighter, Wyatt Earp, here I am. Therefore, to introduce myself, I am a forty-something mother of two. I am the mother of a preteen who is planning to be the next F Lee Bailey. I told him to pretend as if his sister was not there because he was picking on her, so he promptly sat on her. I said "What were you thinking" and he said, "She’s not there".

I am also blessed with a seven-year old who we refer to as the tornado because she leaves a mess wherever she goes and they are very often the damp kind. Besides being a busy mom, I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up and have returned to school in order to earn my teaching certificate. I hope that before the end of 2008 I will be a fully certified teacher and more importantly an employed teacher.

I am a conservative republican, which will make me an oddity as a teacher because most of them seem to be of his liberal persuasion. I will do my best to represent the conservative side. I am a Christian and not afraid to say so. I love chocolate almost more then my husband who I dearly love. I have been told I am somewhat sarcastic and that I have an odd sense of humor.

We moved to Arizona from Colorado in 2003 and we are very happy here. True the summers can be brutal but I would rather be here then driving in the snow in Colorado. So now, you have an idea of who I am and what you can expect from this blog are the posts about how school is going, life in the cafeteria, bits about the family, and interesting things going on in Arizona especially as they relate to education, illegal immigrants and why I think Mike Rowe is very hot.

5 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

See? That wasn't so hard. Welcome aboard!!!

Sezme said...

Welcome to our twisted little blogosphere! :) Good luck!

Assrot said...

Hello there young lady. Welcome to blogdom. Good luck and God Bless. You might as well get used to blogger messing up. It goes tits up about once a week for no reason. It usually comes back after a few hours. It's been doing that for years.

:-)
Joe

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging.
I heard about you from SYLGF
Please visit my blog
http://www.musingsofavastright-winger.blogspot.com/
or my wife's blog
http://mysimplegifts.blogspot.com/

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Welcome!

Nice to see another conservative in academia...