Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Olly, olly oxen free.



I really did not want to redo lesson six and I was dreading the prospect like I dread going to the dentist so as I lay awake last night thinking about it and I knew that I had answered four of the five questions and I left question three blank because I had not understood it and had been thinking about it trying to formulate an answer .I knew I had saved that much of the lesson and then I finally bought the text book for the class and wow it made everything clearer and I was able to answer the third questions which I did and I know I saved . That why I was so surprised when I went back and there was nothing there when I know had saved it at least two times. How it could be entirely erased? I traced my steps back and found the receipt for the textbook; it was purchased on June 24t at 5:54 pm. Knowing this I reasoned that I would have read the chapter the next day and completed the assignment soon there after. I again searched the computer for documents but this time I searched by the date it was modified and found a document that was modified on June 25th at 9:19 in the morning. That seemed promising but it was saved under word and not under Microsoft word, which is where the program originated from but I checked it any way and located under a file labeled word document 2 was my file, which should have been under Microsoft word labeled EDU 251 lesson 6. How it got there and was renamed, I have no clue but it was there in all its saved glory and I don't have to redo it! I have forgiven my computer and now know that it was just playing hide and seek with me. Sneaky computer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found your lost documents.Some times I think these machines are alive. Good Luck,Rick

Sezme said...

Glad you found it, now buy a flash drive! :)

Sorry...teacher coming out.

momster said...

Both my son and husband use a flash drive I guess I'm next.