Saturday, November 1, 2008

And a weigh we go!

Sorry it has been so long since the last update but here it is. I stink at dieting. I lost five pounds but found three of them. Then I lost two of those three but one of them found its way back home, much like Little Bo Peep’s sheep. I keep loosing the ponds but they keep finding their way home. The net result is I am down two pounds since I bought the new scale. I really have to learn not to eat through stress. That and I had a doctors appointment last week and she gave me a book called” Menopause is you’re friend” and “What to expect when your experiencing a hot flash.” I have tried to explain mommy’s mood swings from hell are sort of like reverse puberty. Now when I yell at him he just shakes his head and mutters, “Stupid menopause.” The one I really feel sorry for his my husband. Here he is stuck at home with a 13 year old in the throes of puberty, and a 8 year old daughter who puts the drama in drama queen and me and no I won’t tell you how old I am , going through the change and not very gently a that. No wonder he works late, coming home must be like walking into a mine field. We are either yelling or crying or a combination of both. Poor man he may have to set up tent and live in eth back yard for the next ten years, or at least until our hormones settle down.

P.S. Neither one of those book really exist but she did give me several pamphlets about menopause and its symptoms and natural remedies to ease any discomforts I might experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

alcohol helps the mood swings, but is hell on hot flashes. if you need an understanding shoulder to cry on, you know where i am.