Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am having a louse-y day.



Well not me actually my daughter. I get a call at work yesterday which is very odd because I never get called at work unless one of my kids is sick. So I assumed some one was sick enough to need to go home which was ok since I had just finished for the day anyway. I pick up the phone and it’s not the school but my husband. I told him I thought it was about a sick kid. He responds with your sort of right. A girl who sits at my daughters table had shared her little friends with my daughter and three other children. I needed to pick her up.

Before I leave to get her though I am given lots of helpful advice on how to treat her from just color her hair that will kill to put mayonnaise on and they will suffocate. Having been through this once before when another child shared his little buddies with my kid’s at day care I was not looking forward to dealing with them again.

The nurse however was very helpful, she gave me a bottle of was Rid and a little comb and told me just what to do. She even checked me to make sure the little buggers had not migrated to my scalp. I was clean, thank goodness.

I treated my daughter following the instructions and combed her hair till I thought it was nit free. Dear husband that he is took her to school this morning for the inspection to see if she would be allowed to stay or not so I could make it to work on time. A little while later he called and I ask so are you at work and he said nope she found a survivor and I am treated her again. She was eventually allowed back in school after the second treatment and we will be keeping a close eye on her head for the next few weeks. Those buggers are sure hard to kill.

I really feel for her teacher though, this is the third time this year that she has had to send home notes that there is head lice in her classroom. Now she has to be watchful for kid’s scratching their heads and totally clean her room to hopefully kill all the lice and their eggs. That’s one thing that they never covered in any of the classes I am taking to become a teacher, how to spot lice in a child’s hair. Maybe they should offer a class in things you will need to know that know one will ever tell you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are like DemocRats had to get rid of.

Dana said...

We used to be foster parents and had to deal with this on several occasions. The treatments contain pine tar (or some kind of pine derivitive) and I'm allergic to pine. The hardest part was finding someone who was willing to come and go through the process for me! UGH! I feel for ya!

Blessings--
Dana

Anonymous said...

Tag The BookWorm Award