Saturday, November 29, 2008

There is much to be thankful for!



Three days is much too long to be away from my computer. E-mails stack up and I miss what’s going on with my blogger friends. To everyone who sent me a Thanksgiving greeting, thank you, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My family had a great time with my mother and step-father. They drove in Wednesday afternoon from Santé Fe and we have had such a good time.

We decided that instead of making a turkey, potatoes, stuffing and all that other good stuff we would make reservations instead. We had a wonderful dinner ay Marie Calendars. The kids got ham and we had turkey so everyone was happy. We even had leftovers to bring home. My husband did make a turkey by smoking it ion the grill with wood chips and it was so good. It was just perfect for turkey sandwiches. Yesterday he used some of the turkey to make a turkey enchilada stew dinner in a Dutch oven which was really good. We have had a lot of wine. I don’t normally drink that much but over the last few days I made up for it.

My son attempted to teach them how to play Killer Bunnies which was unsuccessful but they enjoyed watching us play. For those of you unfamiliar with the game it is a card game where you try to kill off everyone else’s bunny with special cards while keeping your bunny alive until the last carrot card is picked. If you have the magic carrot in your hand you win. It’s a weird game but it grows on you after awhile. We ended up playing Phase 10 dice which every knew and enjoyed. We then watched the movie “Thunderbirds”, which was sort of like” Spy kids” but still enjoyable, it was a fun evening.

Friday Duane unfortunately had to go back to work so he was unable to join us on our outing. We have lived in Arizona for 5 years now, but we had never visited any of the museums. Phoenix has the most wonderful science museum. We spent several hours there and barely saw everything. They have the most fascinating hands on exhibits that you can touch, manipulate and explore. There was an exhibit on what goes into building a home. There was one on the human body that we spent a lot of time with. There was one on sound that was really interesting and another on the earth and the forces that act on it. The final exhibit we saw before it was tine to leave was called the digital word and that was really interesting. Cody learned how to send his name in Morse code. They also had a Star Trek exhibit which we wanted to see but it turned out that that was a separate ticket so maybe next time. Robyn was a little disappointed though because we ran out of time and did not make it to the doll and toy museum which is located in the museum complex in an adorable old house. We told her next time for sure we will go there.

All in all we had a wonderful visit. We played games, watched a movie, ate too much and had spirited conversations about everything from politics, to the economy and religion. I can’t wait until they come back again.

P.S. I just found the most perfect black pumps and matching clutch to go with my Christmas dress for my husbands company Christmas party! I am so happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you and your family had a great Thanksgiving.
We had a great one also.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time! :)