Thursday, August 7, 2008

And now for something totally different.


It may be 107 degrees out side but summer is over! The kids and I went back to school yesterday. It seems that now that I am no longer on vacation my muse has decided to get back to work as well. My muse had some ideas about getting things started up again and I like them. I will be positing again on a regular basis Monday through Friday and if the spirit moves maybe on the weekends as well.

Some things will be the same as last year but I am going to be introducing a few new ideas. The Wednesday poetry corner will be back as will the vocabulary word, but that will change a little bit to being the vocabulary word of the week, not the day. I will also be introducing some new items to the blog such as a person of the week, a “wow I never knew that”, and “what’s cooking?”

The new schedule for posts will be:

Monday: vocabulary word of the week. Since I will just be posting one word a week, I will go into more detail than simply the word, its pronunciation, and usage. I will also include its origin, history, and any other interesting facts about the word as well.

Tuesday: Person of the week. This will be a person who made a difference. They may be from current events, history or just someone I know who has made a difference in the world either for good or for bad.

Wednesday- poetry corner- This is my chance to share with you poets and their poems that I enjoy.

Thursday- Wow I never knew that! These posts will be about interesting facts I discover about anything and everything. It might be an interesting fact about science, history, geography, world events, religion, politics; anything that makes you say, Wow I never knew that! I am looking forward to doing the research for this days posting.

Friday- What’s cooking? This is my son’s idea and I liked it. I will find recipes that we have tried and share them with you. The first Friday of each month will be devoted to quick and easy recipes, the second Friday to recipes that are kid approved, the third Friday to recipes that satisfy the sweet tooth and finally the last Friday to recipes that are sure to impress. Who know maybe this will get me back in the kitchen and cooking again which should make my husband happy.

My muse is back, the juices are flowing again, and I am looking forward to an exciting year at school. I have two more methods classes and then I start student teaching. I have some new ideas for the blog and yesterday was my birthday. Life is good indeed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be watching for the new blog items. And Happy Birthday.Rick

momster said...

Thank you I had a really nice Birthday.

BobG said...

Sounds quite interesting, and something to look forward to. I wish my muse would come back, but I think it ran away and joined a commune somewhere.

Sezme said...

Happy birthday! :)

Hope you all have a good school year, too.

I have three more weeks of freedom.