Monday, August 11, 2008

Word of the week.


Muse

Origin: It is a Middle English word, from old French, from the Latin word Musa and from the Greek word Mousa.

Part of speech: It is a noun.

History of the word: The earliest origins of the word come form Mnemosyne who was the goddess of memory and the mother of the muses. The Latin word Musa and the Greek word mousa originated from the original word montya and was eventually became the word muse.

Definition: There are three definitions of the word.

1. It means any one of the Mnemosyne and Zeus’s nine daughters, each one associated with a different art or science.

2. It also means a guiding spirit or a source of inspiration.

3. The last definition of the word is a poet.

I was beginning to wonder if my muse was ever going to come back from summer vacation but she did and I inspired again and looking forward to the changes in my blog. I hope you like them as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your cahnges will inspire all of your readers.