Friday, August 8, 2008

What’s cooking?



Kid approved.

Burrito squares.

This recipe comes from my husbands’ mother, Charlotte and even with my picky eaters, everyone likes this meal.

Ingredients:

One package of Pillsbury crescent dinner roll dough

One-pound ground beef

One package taco seasoning

0ne can of refried beans

One cup shredded cheddar cheese. I usually use more cheese because I really like cheese so use as much as you want. I do not think one cup is enough but some people do.

Directions: Brown the ground beef and add the taco seasoning according to the seasoning directions. When done set it aside.

Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray and spread the Pillsbury crescent dinner roll dough so that the bottom and sides of the pan are covered with dough.

Take the refried beans and spread them on top of the dough.

Cover the beans with the seasoned beefs and top with the shredded cheese.

Place in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure that the dinner roll dough is fully cooked. If not, it will be doughy and nobody likes that.

If you like, you can eat it as is or you can add diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, salsa or anything else you think might be tasty. My family has done it both ways and no matter what we add or do not add it is always well received by my family. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

My aunt used to make something similar. YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds very yummy.