Thursday, June 12, 2008

We interrupt our regular programming for a blatant attempt to get hits.


If you have searched the internet for any one of the following words; cats, death penalty, gun control, NASCAR, or spanking with the belief that you would learn something about those topics here, you have been misled. That is right; this was nothing but a blatant attempt at garnering hits. If this offends you, I am sorry. Please feel free to utilize the back arrow and we need never talk about this again. However, if you are curious please continue and I hope I will make you laugh a little or at least not irritate you too much.

Would a NASCAR fan be more likely to be in favor of the death penalty, gun control, and the properly administered spanking of a child’s backside when needed as opposed to a brie-eating, cat owning liberal? (I apologize to Missa, Baby and Toby if it seems that I believe that cat owners are liberal, I just need to toss the word cat into the pot to fulfill the challenge.) It is just that when I think of NASCAR enthusiasts, I think of dog owners; that is just my prejudice coming out. I know I said prejudice, and we all have them. When you choose chocolate ice cream over vanilla that is showing prejudice against vanilla. That does not mean that I forbid vanilla from coming into my house, or would deny it shelf space in the grocery store. I just prefer chocolate. Racism and discrimination however is bad, very bad. You can all get your shorts unknotted now ok.

The answer to my question at the top if you are still with me is I have no idea as there is no scientific research into the matter, but my personal opinion is probably yes. I did not just pull that out of my hat either, I did a little research. I looked at NASCAR sponsors and found that the majority of them are American owned and family oriented. This includes companies such as Caterpillar inc., Target Corporation, Bass Pro Shops, United States Army, Lowes, M&M’s, Budweiser and Jack Daniels.

In addition to looking at NASCAR sponsors, I also looked at the typical NASCAR fan. I found out that the typical NASCAR enthusiast is a male 45 years and up. He is married and lives in the south. He has at least a high school diploma and works in a profession earning between 30,000 and 50,000 a year. NRA will not disclose their demographics and I agree with their reasoning and I was unable to find the demographics for pro death penalty supporters. In my opinion the same groups that follow nascar is more likely to believe in the right to gun ownership, the states responsibility to remove murders from our society permanently, and that in order to raise a child up right it is sometimes necessary to apply a little pressure to the back side.

There, I did it. I wrote a semi coherent post using five randomly chosen words from the list of most searched for words on the internet. It was harder than I thought but now we will see what happens. Let the hits begin!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to add my two cents worth on your post.I am a nascar fan and a cat owner. 6 of them to be precise. I favor spanking and use it also. I am pro death penalty.i own a gun.

momster said...

Fuzzys dad- But are you a brie eater?

Big Bad Wolf said...

Ok, gotta toss my hat into this ring. I have 3 cats (2 before the wife) and a chihuahua (technically my daughters dog, but I'm his daddy).

I care not for NASCAR but love football (pro), golf and hockey.

I do not own a gun, but that's simply a matter of (a lack of) disposable income.

I firmly believe that if more parents used a firm hand to the backside...in PUBLIC to add to the abject humiliation and embarassment, we'd have a lot less juvie delinquents.

Oh, and I'm very conservative politically.

As a matter of fact, I believe cats are far more conservative than liberal. Mainly because they leave you alone until they need something, like food or attention.

Unlike dogs (liberals) who need constant care and attention and need to be taught to poop outside.

Big Bad Wolf said...

BTW...what the hell is brie?

momster said...

it is a really stinky cheese

Anonymous said...

Not a NASCAR fan. Own a gun. Have a dog. Dog sitting another dog. Had a cat. (It jumped to its death.) Have children. Have spanked. Have goats. Have not spanked the goats. Although I have milked them. I also have chickens, turkeys, and guineas. But I don't milk those. My chickens get the death penalty when they stop laying eggs. Or they are male. The goats get the dealth penalty if they are chosen for castration. But the children don't get the death penalty. They get the results of it when I make dinner.

How did I do?

momster said...

You did wonderfully.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Big NASCAR fan. Bigger dog fan. Cats - what's the point?