Monday, September 8, 2008

Vocabulary word of the week

Busy.
Part of speech: It is an adjective, noun, verb, and adverb.
Origin: It comes from the Middle English word bisi or busi which comes from the old English word bysig.
Definitions.
This is a busy little word.
It is an adjective as in I am going to be a very busy person studying for my Arizona Constitution final, my AEPA exams, starting my practicum and lessons for my Math methods course as well as managed a household and help my daughter with her schoolwork. And don’t forget making time to exercise for the weight loss challenge.
It is a noun as in the busyness of studying will take up my blogging time.
It is also an adverb as in I will be busily engaged in my school work fro the next few weeks.
And finally it is a verb as in I will be busying myself preparing to take several examinations over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can realte to the vocabulary word of the week. My life some times is to busy.

BobG said...

Good luck on the exams.

TestPrep said...

I would like to let you know about a helpful new resource to help prospective Arizona teachers pass the AEPA Basic Skills Assessment. If you find you don't need the instruction, pass it along to a colleague.

Our online program (over 1,500 web pages of instruction) covers all competencies including the 2008 test specifications. The program's twelve (12) full-length practice tests in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (4 each) are modeled on the practice test from the Official AEPA Web Site (aepa.nesinc.com). You can even write a sample essay and receive a reply with appropriate feedback.

Follow the simple steps below to begin using the program:

1. Locate the following URL with your Web browser:
http://www.longsdalepub.com/aepa-test.html

2. Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.

3. Click on the "Register" link and enter the following information.
School Number: 70004
School Key: 994Rew6Jms

That's it. You are free to use the program; there is no obligation on your part. If you find our instruction and practice tests helpful, you can send a testimonial to service@longsdalepub.com but you don't have to.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Craig Hansel
Longsdale Publishing