Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wow I never knew that!

I never knew that I could go from luke warm about the upcoming presidential campaign to being very excited about it. It’s all because of a speech I heard last night. Vice presidential candidate Sara Palin spoke during the Republican convention and she was awesome! She was eloquent, funny and right on the money.
There were so many things she said last night that really resonated with me but I especially loved it when she said and I am paraphrasing her that she was not going to Washington to gain the approval of the media but to serve the people of the United States. When she said “some politicians use change to promote their careers while McCain will use his career to promote change” I all but stood up and cheered. Obama may talk in platitudes about change but when Palin says we will drill, we will build power plants, give jobs to Americans, use clean coal for power, and to explore alternative power sources such as wind, I knew she was talking about real change and not just blowing smoke like we have heard so often from the other side.
From the time McCain won the nomination for president I was committed to voting for him, but I was not very enthusiastic about doing so. For the first time I am really looking forward to going to the polls in November and casting my ballot for both McCain and Palin. I truly believe that they are what are best for our country and that by electing them to office we will see great things happen in the United States of America. And what is so funny is I really think the Obama bunch is scared of Palin and they know they have just seen their chances of winning the oval office disappear. It is good to be a Republican

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am more jazzed about McCain due to his pick of Sarah Palin for VP.