Friday, September 19, 2008

What’s cooking?

What’s cooking?
This week’s recipe is for spaghetti sauce. This is the sauce I grew up with and have loved since I was a child, but it is not your typical spaghetti sauce. In fact the only thing it has in common with most spaghetti sauces is that it is served over noodles. The history of the sauce is actually pretty interesting. I had always thought that this was my mom’s recipe that she had learned from her mom, only to find out later that the recipe actually came from my mom’s friend’s mother who played bridge with my grandmother. . I love it, my husband and children prefer Ragu, but then I think they are odd.
Spaghetti sauce
Hi here is your recipe:
1 can Cream of Tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water
1 lb hamburger (browned)
1 sm. chopped onion
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
Mix browned hamburger, onion, soups, seasonings
and water. Simmer uncovered about 45mins. Serve over spaghetti

This is one of those recipes that just gets better the more it is reheated, so make lots.

No comments: