Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I’m back! Did you miss me?


It’s done. I took my final on Saturday and I just got the results back a few minutes ago. I got an A! I had studied and I felt good about it especially since the mid term was so easy, but right in the middle of the test I suddenly felt flush, light headed and just a little sick to my stomach. I’m thinking great I’ve caught the crude that’s going around and I cant leave the test to get sick because if I do they won’t let me back in . I concentrated on finishing the test with out embarrassing my self. The answers were brief but I felt I had answered them completely so I went home and went to bed. I guess brief is ok as long as you get all the information in.

Now I can concentrate on summer! So far, I am off to a good start. I decided to keep my alarm clock on and continue to get up at 6:30. That way I can get a jump-start on my day. I get up walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes check my e-mail, eat breakfast, and work on the blog for a little bit. Then its clean the kitchen, work on laundry, clean the house some and knock out a homework assignment for the classes I am taking this summer.

I am taking three classes over the summer, another methods class this one is teaching the English language learner. The other class is an overview of the course work that I am to take in the second half of the program, (I think I should have taken that one first but it fit better in my schedule to take it over the summer). Finally, a seminar class, which is just attending three workshops over a 14 week periods and writing up a summery of what I learned there. It may sound like a tough schedule but the only hard class is the methods class the other two I should be able to breeze right through.

The kids and I have also decide to try to learn Spanish from a cd-rom I have. This should be fun. Cody is going to continue practicing his trumpet and if we can find a good Latin book, he is going to work on that over the summer as well so he doesn’t forget everything he has learned this year over the summer. Robyn and I are going to work on her handwriting together with a book I bought called, “hand writing with out tears.” I hope that it will help her with her fine motor problems. We are also going to be making trips to the library and reading this summer.

With all that and trips to the water park we should have a fun filled busy summer and I know it will be over way to soon. Well I better get busy, I have a kitchen to clean.

5 comments:

Deathlok said...

When you dry off from the water park, add a paragraph or two to the story.

Sezme said...

If you go to Amazon, click on the education link and then textbooks. You should be able to do a good search of Latin text books. You might also be able to find resources from home school networks/suppliers.

momster said...

Deathlock- thanks that was so much fun!
RT- I will do that thank you for the advise.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy about the "A" you got.And yes I am glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!