Saturday, May 17, 2008

Kids say the funniest things.


Yesterday while in my practicum class, I was helping a group of students work on a product map of Texas. The assignment was to look at a map that had different symbols of what is produced in Texas such as oil wells, hogs, cattle, fish, fruits, vegetables, and cotton. They needed to use the information to answer a few questions. The first question was “What product is drilled from the ground in Texas?” The boy I work with said he didn’t understand so I explained that when you drill for something you get it from the ground. He understood and wrote the correct response on his paper. I looked over at the girl’s paper and checked her work and for that question, she had written beef cattle. I explained that you drill for things in the ground and you do not drill for cows. She then says, “Oh I thought it said grill.” I was very proud of my self I did not laugh until latter.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I don't know that I would have been able to contain a laugh!!!

Hey, if you really want a badge reel, just email me at abbersmom (at) yahoo.com. They are $6.50 and I can do any initial with just about any color! (They are $5 each after the first one.)

Blessings--
Dana