Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I’m done! I think.


In order to complete lesson eight in my Social Studies Methods class I had to complete eight lesson plans using the essential elements form on the Task stream web site. I finished 1 and I have been waiting for my instructor to complete the assessment of it so I can turn in the remaining four. I worked very hard Sunday evening and into the night finishing four lesson plans. I was very pleased with the results and went to bed a tired but happy person.

This morning I thought I would check the assignment requirements on line to make sure I had not missed anything only to discover to my horror I had not completed the lesson plans as specified. All of my lesson plans were geared toward the third grade, which is the class I am doing my practicum. I did cover all five standards under social studies but what I needed to include were lesson plans for grades k to 2, grades 3 to 6, a plan for grades 7 to 9 that uses children’s literature to teach a social studies lesson and finally incorporate some sort of technology into a lesson. I was not too happy, only two of my five lessons met the criteria. I had to modify three of the lessons. One I could change a little and still keep the jest of the plan, the other two had to be scrapped altogether.

They are done and I am happy about the results except each lesson has to have a plan for enrichment and a plan for remediation. I did not have too much of a problem with the enrichment part but the remediation is a lot tougher. I am going to think about it a little more and take another stab at it in the morning. With this out of the way, I should be able to post more regularly.

No comments: