Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Feeling a little shy today.

The princess was a little self-conscious today when we brought her to school after her appointment to get her head wired up. When we walked into the office to get her tardy slip she hid behind me. This surprised me, because this is the same child who has no problems wearing different colored socks to school or the most interesting combination of colors and prints you have ever seen.

Her teacher was absolutely wonderful, though. When we took her to her classroom her teacher told Robyn to come to the front of the class and said, "Robyn just got back from the doctor and she looks a little different today. She is wearing a really pretty hat and she is allowed to wear just for today. Please don't stare and be careful of her back."

And that was it. Robyn went to her seat and began her work. When I went to pick her up after school, her teacher did say that she had been very fidgety all day and was unable to focus at all. She expected that and I was not surprised either - the equipment would have been very distracting to me as well.

And then she told me that she let my daughter eat lunch in the classroom rather then have her eat in the cafeteria with all the students at her school. I was so touched by her kindness toward my daughter and understanding how self conscious she felt. Robyn loved eating with her teacher and every thing has turned out fine so far. Next we see how well she sleeps while all hooked up.

Thank you, everybody who has put Robyn and our family in you prayers and thoughts. We really appreciate it.

No comments: