Friday, March 14, 2008

My son has become one of them.

My son just informed me that I have once again ruined his life. My work is done.

And how did I do this, you might ask? By planning family vacation over spring break to go see his grandparents for a few days. Not even the entire spring break but only for four days. I thought I was being reasonable when I explained that he would still have half of his spring break to spend with his buddies, but no, I always have to ruin the one chance he has to hang out with his friends by forcing him to go see Grammy and Grandpa.

This could be a long eight hours in the car, followed by a long four days until he can get back to his friends and loiter in the church parking lot doing whatever it is teenagers do. And the really ironic thing is that once we get his grumpy butt there he will have a good time and probably wish we could stay longer. Sometimes I swear there is no pleasing a teenager.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Pray for strength.Later your son will come to know Mom is not so bad.Best of Luck.Rick

Sezme said...

Yeah, ummm....I am a high school teacher. 'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

boo hiss Mom! Jeez, you're so horrible, you know, feeding him, keeping a roof over his head, clothes on his back, keeping him safe, no doubt forking out for amusement and activities and driving as well.....LOL, I'm praying for you! Smile and hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Or, you can do what my dad did when I was a spoiled bratty child. Smack him in the back of the had with your hand and inform him to get over it. Worked on me anyhow, then again I was respected and feared my parents, still do. Just an idea is all.

Ssssteve said...

I have 3 teenagers right now! I feeeeel your paaaaaain!!!!

momster said...

I was right about what would happen when we got there. He was polite respectful and he had a good visit with his grandparents. When he left he said while he wanted to get home to see his friends he sort of wished we could stay longer.

momster said...

I was right about what would happen when we got there. He was polite respectful and he had a good visit with his grandparents. When he left he said while he wanted to get home to see his friends he sort of wished we could stay longer.

Anonymous said...

I am gald it went well for you all.
Tell your son to love and enjoy his Grandparents while he can.mine are all gone.I would give anythimg to be able to send time with them once more.