Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Something to think about.

While watching “Ghost Rider" with my husband the other day and scratching my cat's belly I got to thinking: If people have belly buttons because that’s where we were attached to our mothers why don’t animals have belly buttons?

At this point, I began trying to find my cat’s belly button. She only tolerated this for so long and then left. I never found one, and in fact, I am pretty sure she doesn’t have one.

This got me thinking: Why don't they? Or maybe they do and I just can’t find it. Any thought s on this has any of you seen a belly button on anything other than a person. Something to think about.

4 comments:

Sezme said...

Yes, they do. I've noticed it as a little impression in both of my cats' bellies.

HERE'S a source (among many others).

Sezme said...

You'll have to do this one manually. The link thing isn't working.

http://www.islandnet.com/~yesmag/Questions/bellybutton.html

momster said...

Thank you for the link. That answers my question, now I have to find it on my cat's. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who wonders about weird stuff.

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

Is shaving the cat an option? Might help you find it.

With all the cat hair around here from just one cat, I'm very tempted ;)