Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday’s poetry corner.


This month I will be show casing Irish poets for my Wednesday’s poetry corner. While searching for Irish poets I stumbled across James Joyce. He’s name sounded familiar so I looked up his poems and found several very nice love poems. His imagery is both beautiful and sweet. If you like, what you have read here you can find more of his poems at http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/in-the-dark-pine-wood



In the Dark Pine-Wood



In the dark pine-wood
I would we lay,
In deep cool shadow
At noon of day.

How sweet to lie there,
Sweet to kiss,
Where the great pine-forest
Enaisled is!


Thy kiss descending
Sweeter were
With a soft tumult
Of thy hair.

O unto the pine-wood
At noon of day
Come with me now,
Sweet love, away.

James Joyce

2 comments:

Sezme said...

My favorite line by Joyce is from his novella, The Dead.

The men that is now is only all palaver and what they can get out of you.

momster said...

I had to look up palaver. It is a very interesting line one I needed to think about for a bit.