Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It makes me so mad I could just spit.

Arrested migrants urged to be silent

Advocates insist they're not trying to beat system

Daniel González
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 24, 2008 12:00 AM

Community groups are responding to a controversial crackdown on illegal immigrants with a controversial plan of their own: They are giving undocumented people advice on how to avoid being deported.

Immigration advocates say they are simply trying to protect the rights of illegal immigrants, not teach them how to beat the system.

Critics say the advice amounts to helping people who have broken the law.

For the complete article, please follow the link to http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0224avoid0224.html

Is this a good reason to grab the duct tape so my head doesn’t explode? This is such a blatant attempt to circumvent Arizona’s laws and the will of the voters it makes my head spin. They are even handing out cards that state they are evoking their constitutional right to remain silent so they can hand it to a police officer in case they are arrested. They are not citizens, so they do not have constitutional rights. Unfortunately, it seems to be working. For the few people who have tried it, the police have let them go. I guess in a sense it’s their get out of jail free card, or perhaps it’s their stay in our country illegally card. Now excuse me while I go smack my head against a brick wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.My wall has dents in it from me banging my head on it.

BobG said...

Reading stuff like that makes my head want to explode.