Saturday, February 16, 2008

It’s my turn to pimp.

I have to pimp my neighbor's blog again The Loser Old Guy wrote a piece about things he knows to be true, now that he is old. I mean older.

I totally agree with some of his items, partially on others, and some are just plain wrong. However, what he said about my cookies was right on the mark. For that reason, I will post a link to his blog so you can check it out for yourself.

While you're there, scroll down to see a funny clip of his son rocking out to "Guitar Hero" on the PlayStation.

5 comments:

Dana said...

You are very correct in your assessment of your neighbor....sometimes right, and sometimes very wrong.

Now on to more important matters! Care to share the recipe for your cookies???

Blessings--
Dana

momster said...

I would be glad to share. It actually recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Its a very old cook book , it was my mom's before she gave it to. The funny thing is my neighbor has the exact same recipe in her cook book and she has tries to make them but my neighbor says know one makes them like I do.
Here the recipe.
Cream together
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
beat till fluffy
add the dry ingredients a little at a time
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
then stir in a bag of chocolate chips. I have used wither milk chocolate or dark chocolate. I like the dark better.
On a ungreased cookie sheet place a 1 inch ball and flatten with a fork. I like to use a meat tenderizer because it makes a neat pattern. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. There you have it and they are very good.

Dana said...

I'm going to try these...maybe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

Dana

momster said...

You're welcome, I cant wait to try your tomato soup.

Anonymous said...

Now see, I just want this hat. I just want to wear it to work....just once! LOL