Saturday, February 2, 2008

Now I wait.

I am good at many things. I can crochet a very nice blanket, I can bake the best peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, and I can build a pretty fort out of blankets and chairs; but one thing I am not good at is waiting.

I mailed in my application for admittance to the teaching program, and I will not find out the results for at least two weeks. That’s forever. My best friend in high school used to tease me about my impatience. She would say, “Patience is a virtue.” Since I was somewhat snarky then and she was somewhat wild I would reply, “Yes, it is a virtue and it’s the only one I lack and the only one you still possess.” Yet she remains my very good friend after all these years.

She was right, though. I get impatient waiting for a bag of microwave popcorn to finish popping. The next two weeks you will find me watching the calendar and counting down the days until I can begin stalking the mailbox waiting for a reply from school.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

Good luck! :)

Buckaroo Banzai said...

"The waiting is the hardest part . . . " - Tom Petty

momster said...

At least I wont have too wait long to see Tom Petty. He's in Arizona for the Super Bowl half time show. On second thought I will have to wait. The game doesn't start for several hours and then there the first half of the game. I don't think I can wait that long.