Friday, February 8, 2008

Look out scale here I come.

My Weight Watcher meetings are held in the library of my daughter’s elementary school. While I was waiting, I grabbed a book off the self that was closest to me. It happened to be a poetry book by Shel Silverstein.

Mr. Silverstien is an incredible poet not just for children, but for people of all ages. The following poem seemed especially suitable, since I did not have the best week. I went up .8 pounds. I did exercise, though, and I plan to do better next week with my points and exercise. I hope every one else who is dieting also had a better week then I did. I hope all the dieters and non-dieters enjoy the poem.


Scale

By Shel Silverstein

If I could only see the scale,
I'm sure that it would state
That I've lost ounces...maybe pounds
Or even tons of weight.
"You'd better eat some pancakes --
You're skinny as a rail."
I'm sure that's what the scale would say...
If I could see the scale.

This poem was taken http://www.angelfire.com/fl/pinkelephants/shel.html

3 comments:

IHeartQuilting said...

Good luck this week. I really like Shel Silverstein - our 3 year old loves The Giving Tree and we read it almost every day.

Sezme said...

Great poem! :)

Good luck.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

.8 is nothing. Don't sweat it, but keep up the good (read: hard) work.