Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Can I get an Amen! Revised

I received an e-mail a few days ago, that claimed to be a monologue by Andy Rooney. I found the piece interesting and I wanted to share it with my readers. I have since found out that Andy Rooney never said anything of the things in the piece. Moreover, as a so very pleasant commenter pointed out I am a looser who has pathetic research skills. For that reason, I am deleting the post. I apologize for not checking in to the varsity of the e-mail I received but I am not in the habit of doubting my friends. As a new blogger, I promise to check all my facts in the future. What I won’t do is change my opinion on issues simply because they are controversial or someone chooses to call me names.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it. AMEN!!

Anonymous said...

Hey loser, Andy Rooney never said this. Your fact-checking skills are pretty pathetic.

Nice job posting a fake racist rant, though. Bigotry never gets old, does it?

Rooney himself has denied writing this trash three times in the past eight years that the email has been circulating. Here's a link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Congratulations, Momster! You got your first troll!

You have truly arrived!

momster said...

Jason- your right I made an mistake. Thank you for pointing it out. The post has been revised to correct my error.
Wyatt- thank you I feel better now.

Anonymous said...

Re: Andy Rooney...agreed, he never said that but the content should be in the hearts of every American. Enough is enough and I agree with the comment no matter who wrote it. jason_atom should do some research on just what a bigot is.

momster said...

Anonymous- Thank you for your comment. The only reason I removed the post was I incorrectly attributed it to the wrong person. I never said I did not agree with what it said.