Monday, January 21, 2008

Oh Yuck!


Have you or your kids ever wondered what causes acne or why we stink? Would you like to learn more about pus, snot or poop? Then I have the book for you. For Christmas this year my mom gave our son a book by Joy Massoff called,”Oh yuck! The Encyclopedia of everything nasty.” And believe me if it’s nasty or gross or just gives you the hebie jeebies you’ll find it in this book. So in between going ewww, you’ll laugh and maybe even learn something. For example, did you know that some sneezes have been clocked at over 100 miles per hour? As an allergy sufferer, I think I may have exceeded that on occasion. It’s a fun read and if you have kids, I bet they’ll love it too. Now remember the proper way to pick your nose is with one finger not two. It says so in the etiquette book from the 1500’s.

2 comments:

BobG said...

"Now remember the proper way to pick your nose is with one finger not two."

I guess they don't believe in multitasking; you can only do one nostril at a time...

momster said...

I tried it and almost hurt myself.