Monday, January 7, 2008

Routines are good

Going back to school or work after a break is always hard. I was anticipating a rough morning getting the kids up and out but they surprised me. My son actually got out of bed the first time I asked him and got dressed, ate his breakfast and gathered up his stuff for school. He was all ready to go when the car pool arrived, my daughter got up and only had to be told a half dozen times to get dressed and then she got dressed. She ate her breakfast while I got her backpack ready I brushed her hair and off she went to the neighbors to walk to school with their two boys. I think one of the reasons everything went so smoothly is that Daddy was home when they got up. Normally Daddy leaves the house well before they wake up but the head on his car died and we are down to one car. He had to take me to work this morning but I was able to get a ride home with my supervisor. An incredibly super lady, who I am glad to call my friend. The hubby is taking Wednesday and Thursday off to go to the junk yard to get a new head and replace it with the help of our son’s friend’s father who luckily for us just happened to be a mechanic. It keeps the cost down and that is always a good thing. So with Daddy home I think they were on their best behavior, we will see how tomorrow goes since the sonster has chess in the morning and has to be at school at 7:00am. It is good to back on our routine, I think we all function a little bit better with some structure in our lives.

No comments: