Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I’m back in the saddle again.


I finally was able to get back my practicum teacher yesterday and I think she was glad to see me. I logged in 30 minutes of observation time. It has been so helpful to watch a good teacher in action. I have been able to see how she gets them back on track when they have just come in from recess or solve hurt feelings without taking sides. I think I have learned more in the classrooms about how to teach then all the rest of my classes combined. I’m not saying the classes are worthless , they are excellent in teaching theories and concepts about learning but when it comes down to what actually happens in the classroom you need to be in one.

While the students were taking a quiz, I had a chance to talk to her about finishing my practicum hours and my thoughts on a lesson I would like to teach. She was very agreeable to both so I am feeling more optimistic about finishing the class work onetime to pass the class. Life is good again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck.