Monday, April 21, 2008

The truth is out there?


I just finished reading an excellent post by the Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler about religion and it got me thinking. Why does my belief in God upset those who don’t believe in God so very much? I know there are many people who believe very strongly that aliens have visited us from outer space and that they still come by and cruise our skies. I don’t believe that, I never have, but I do not get upset that they believe something I don’t. If you think about it, there are many people like my self that do not believe in aliens but you don’t see us persecuting those that do. The way I figure it, what they want to believe in has no impact on what I do or do not believe. I may think they are silly for believing in little green men and they can think I am silly for believing in God but we should all be allowed to believe or not believe as we choose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is simple really. If you believe in God, then you must have a defined set of morals and values,which are defined by the Bilble. With aliens, it is all about enlightenment and utopia. There is no right or wrong,just pleasure and self gratification. This is why they get upset with Christains.

BobG said...

Personally, I don't have any beliefs in religion. But I see no reason why I should criticize anyone else for their beliefs. As long as no one tries to beat me over the head with their religion, I don't care what they believe. I'm more interested in the person and their actions, not whether or not they go to church.
Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

The non-belivers do not want anyone to have a definition of right and wrong. They say there is no black and white.Just grey areas.
This is just my.02 worth