Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A sad but inevitable day.

I did it. I had the dreaded conversation with the principal of my school and explained to her that with my schedule being changed, I have not been able to get back into my practicum class and time was running out.

She said,"I thought that was all worked out with your resource teacher." I said, "Well that was true until she changed my schedule." She said,"You have to decide what you have to do if that means resigning but the kids come first." So not a lot of help there.

I know the kids come first, but I am not putting my education on hold because my resource teacher is a bad scheduler. I have roughly 21 days to get in about 15 hours of classroom time. The decision has been made. I wrote a letter of resignation and I will give it to my resource teacher when she gets back from Hawaii on Wednesday.

Do you think I should still accept the chocolate macadamia nuts she said she was bringing back if I just handed her my letter of resignation?

1 comment:

Sezme said...

What is she doing going to Hawaii during the school year? Hopefully, a wedding or something, not just vacation.

Yes, the kids come first, but you are not their teacher. That's what you are trying to become and they are putting an obstacle in your path.